So, for those of you who know me and my hubby personally, you know we have something called "spending money". In our house we each get our own spending money each month to spend as we wish on any non-essential things we want or think we need. I know this may seem crazy to some people, but it works for us.
So, for the past six months or so, I've been feeling convicted to use some of my spending money on a monthly basis as a donation to an organization or possibly a child sponsorship in Africa. One of the things I struggle with these days is feeling like we've left Ethiopia behind. We've taken the most beautiful gift away from Ethiopia (Eli) and should be giving back to the country of his birth. So, I've been thinking and praying about finding the right opportunity to give back. Up until this week I hadn't found an organization I felt led to yet, but now I have! Check it out:
However, like anything, it takes money to do this. So, I encourage you to check out the link above, if you are an adoptive mother like me that wants to help widows and orphans in distress, I encourage you to put it on your heart and make a commitement to give them $25 a month. Such a small amount of money that will help so many orphans and widows.
So, for the past six months or so, I've been feeling convicted to use some of my spending money on a monthly basis as a donation to an organization or possibly a child sponsorship in Africa. One of the things I struggle with these days is feeling like we've left Ethiopia behind. We've taken the most beautiful gift away from Ethiopia (Eli) and should be giving back to the country of his birth. So, I've been thinking and praying about finding the right opportunity to give back. Up until this week I hadn't found an organization I felt led to yet, but now I have! Check it out:
I don't know if you all remember me posting a video a long time ago about the "mingi" orphans and a group that was working in Ethiopia to save these children from being murdered unnecissarily. Unfortunately, that video is no longer available. (It was called: "Drawn From Water") Well, the man behind "Bring Love In" is one of the people that was involved in helping those orphans.
What the Bring Love In Organization does, is they work directly with widows and orphans in Ethiopia to match them into forever families. (Essentially, this is a form of domestic adoption in Ethiopia) And just so you all are aware, I know it is God's plan for Eli to be in our family, but I do understand and respect that the preferred method of adoption should be to find ways to preserve a child's culture and adopt within a child's birth country before seeking international options. Being that there are so many widows and orphans in Ethiopia, this organization's plan makes perfect sense.
However, like anything, it takes money to do this. So, I encourage you to check out the link above, if you are an adoptive mother like me that wants to help widows and orphans in distress, I encourage you to put it on your heart and make a commitement to give them $25 a month. Such a small amount of money that will help so many orphans and widows.
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27
