Zao Fan

So Mark and I went to Chicago on Saturday to visit some of our friends Mike and Liz. (They are fantastic I might add) We decided to go to a street fair downtown for a little fun. Here we are enjoying the festivities:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, while we were walking around I hear a man holding up a water bottle yelling this:

"Buy a bottle of water! Help drill fresh water wells in Africa!"

So of course I stop (no one else I was with noticed the man yelling except for me) I grab a dollar from Mark (I swear I never have cash when I need it) and I bought it. Just like that, I felt like I was a part of something where a piece of my heart is, something that is maybe in some small tiny way a way to help my future baby's world and culture. 100% of the proceeds go towards drilling these fresh water wells, which are so desperately needed. 4,000 children die each day from a lack of clean water.

So here's my bottle (of course I took a pic so you all know what you need to keep your eyes open for!)

Photobucket

It was funny too because a lady at the water table was trying to sell me on it even after I bought it, telling me how it was so full of great minerals and stuff. I just simply stated to her, "Miss, it really doesn't matter if this was toilet water, I'd still buy it if it meant you were going to continue what you are doing." She just smiled at me.

I will say I am NOT an advocate for buying, drinking and tossing out bottled water. So, although I want everyone to buy this water if they see it being sold somewhere, I also want you to take it, refill it numerous times and use it for a couple of weeks before getting rid of it. (Those bottles sit in landfills for a long time. I watch Biggest Loser... I know!)

So tonight, as I'm watching my Red Wings play 2 terrible periods of hockey, I started poking around online about this Zao Water (that's "Zay-Oh") and I found this video. If you have a few minutes to spare, please watch it.



As for adoption stuff, we got our medical paperwork notarized today, another step down... only a few hundred more to go. :)
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS